Hi Everyone, wow… hasn’t the world changed in the last couple of days.
Hopefully all our members will stay safe and well!
As you all know our April competition is EDI only.
Our digital uploads close on Saturday 4th April at 11pm.
Please Note: I do acknowledge that some members had requested that we change the closing date to a later date to allow extra time for getting their entries in. If we had done this it would have given our judge less time to do the judging and as he’ll now probably have twice as many digital entries to judge, I’m sure you can all appreciate that we didn’t want to put any extra pressure on him.
Our set subject for April is “Hands”.
Definition for this set subject is as follows:
The focus must be on the hands. The hands must be doing something . eg: craft or other activity or showing emotion in some way.
At the end of this post are some sample “Hands” images. Please keep in mind these are just samples, to whet your appetite, of the possible types of images that might be included. I’m sure our very creative members will come up with all sorts of ideas.
Of course we also have our other usual categories of “Colour” & “Mono”.
Please remember that we are able to enter 4 images in TOTAL.
Our Judge for April is Chris Prior. Chris has judged for us in the past. Below is a bit of information about Chris:
* Chris has been interested in photography for 35 years & started out developing & printing B&W film in his home made darkroom.
* He is a member of APS, Belmont 16’s – ( serving as president for 2 years).
* He regularly enters International photography competitions & has won one gold medal, two bronze & one highly commended awards.
* His favourite photo subject is surfing & so subsequently has had hundreds of photos published in surfing magazines, such as Tracks, Surfing Life, Waves, Surfing Snaps, People magazine, Kodak’s – My Australia & many others.
* His motto is:- ‘If it moves I shoot it, if it doesn’t I shoot it too.’
Good luck to everyone and if anyone needs any more information you can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring me on 0417677438
Cheers, Sue Winsley (Competition Steward).