We are a relatively small, but very friendly camera club, whose photographic skills
range from beginner to extremely competent. Our motto is:
A Shared enjoyment of the Art and Craft of Photography in a learning Environment.
We meet at the Wangi Workers’ Club in the Dobell room on the 2nd and 4th Mondays
of the month. Our meetings start at 7.00pm, however most members arrive around
6.30pm. If you wish to purchase a meal from the Bistro then we suggest you arrive
The 2nd Monday of the month is our competition night.
- Our Competition Program is available from our website.
- There are 2 grades, A and B. B Grade is usually for beginner photographers.
- We have photos presented both in print form as well as Digital (EDI) option.
(EDI – Electronic Data Images)
- Both Digital and Print contests require you to enter online on this website and include a digital copy of each entry. This will be displayed in an image gallery on the website
- All photographs are displayed and critiqued by the judge on the night. Most judges provide very beneficial feedback, from which we all learn
- At the end of the financial year we run our “Photo of the Year”competition (POTY). The photos entered in this competition must be photographs that have been entered in competitions throughout the year.
The 4th Monday of the month is our tutorial night.
- We have had many and varied tutorials and continue to do so every month.
- Suggestions from members as to what tutorials they would like to have are very welcome.
Visitors are always welcome to come along however visitors cannot enter any competitions until they become a member of the club.
How to join our club
To join Wangi Camera Club you will need to first register on the website, pay our annual membership fees of $35.00 to our Treasurer. Our club year runs from 1 July to 30 June. For insurance purposes you must also be a member of the Wangi Workers’ Club. Upon joining you will be provided with a Welcome Pack that provides more information such as club rules etc.
Please feel free to contact us with any other queries.